Monday 10 March 2014

Even better

I thought I would share a conversation I had yesterday evening with little farm girl. It refreshed me and convicted me a little about my perspective on life.

We were out removing snow in the evening as the sun was going down. Little farm girl was perched up on a snow bank chattering away in her little way. Suddenly she stopped and looked around and said "Wow! Look at the clouds! They are so colourful!"
As we worked we kept watching the sun setting and remarking at the changing colours and silhouettes of the trees against the clouds.
Finally I said "I wish I had brought my camera out with me"
"Why don't you run and go get it?" She questioned
I was thinking of all the work of going inside, trying to reach my snow boots with little farm boy tucked in his carrier and then getting it all back together to come out again.
"I think the sun will be done setting when I get back and it wont be as beautiful"
"But mommy, what if it is even more beautiful when you come back?"

That one last question has stuck in my mind since our conversation. The optimism of her little mind was brighter than last nights sky.


And the funny thing was, that when I got back with my camera in my hand, the sky was even more brilliant that when I went in.




2 comments:

  1. What a great observation! Delighted you have a young philosopher in your midst. Thank you for the photos - they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete